8: Yoga instructor Jo Pennell talks about, the importance of good posture for your confidence, leaving home at a young age and losing her mother and sister.
Meditation makes me make friends with my mind - Jo Pennell
In this episode I talk to Jo Pennell about growing up in a small town west of Brisbane, Australia. Leave home at 17 years, working as a nurse at an early age with a lot of shift work and unhealthy living. Unexpectedly losing her sister, using Yoga as healing and confidence booster, her choice of not having children, losing her mum through cancer and her longing and desire to focus more on her life path, building her yoga studio at Sunshine Beach and going to Machu Picchu, Peru.
In this episode Jo talks about:
• Leaving home at a young age
• Self esteem
• Body image and how important your posture is for your confidence
• Yoga and power poses
• Grief and loss of her sister and mother
• Finding herself, through self-care and gratitude
• Making a choice of not having children
• Taking responsibility for your own happiness in order to find your life purpose
Resources mentioned in this episode:
(A great Smoothie Book with 100+ delicious recipes that address everything from weight loss to glowing skin to kid-friendly options)
Book: Simple Green Smoothies: 100+ Tasty Recipes to Lose Weight, Gain Energy, and Feel Great in Your Body
by: Jen Hansard and Jadah Sellner
Get in contact with Jo:
• Main Website: www.engageyoga.com.au
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/EngageYogaSunshineCoast
Thank you so much for listening to my episode today!
If you would like to email me some feedback of people or topics you would like to hear on my podcast please do so at: email@example.com
If you haven't done it yet, SUBSCRIBE to my podcast on iTunes so you never miss an episode ever! and if you like it please feel free to leave a review on iTunes. It would mean the world to me and the people I have interviewed.
A big THANKS to: Jo Pennell for joining me this week.
See you next time!
JO's awesome brekky green smoothie
• 1 banana
• Handful of Kale or spinach
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup almond milk or coconut water.
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1 teaspoon raw cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon protein powder
• 1 teaspoon super green powder